Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Jus' checkin' in

Do you realize Christmas is nearly here??? Augh! What with all this fabulously warm weather we've been having for endless weeks (I'm not complaining!), it never occurred to me that I only have a bare few weeks to get some spinning and knitting done! ~whimper~

SO. I've been knitting up that gloriously-soft BFL yarn I made from the New York colorway (Miss Babs) into socks for my teenaged son. His feet sure are bigger than they were last year! Good thing I'm using a 47" needle - I'm gonna need it for the heels!

AND...I finished my Morning Surf Scarf - it's GORGEOUS! No, I haven't got a photo yet. You'll just have to wait. I've been much too busy spinning and knitting to even think of locating my camera. Besides. I sort of don't know where it is. And the ends aren't sewn in. Yet.

Hoo boy. I sure hope I don't pull a Yarn Harlot this Christmas season. You know - the closer it gets to the 'finish line', the later I will have to stay up. Then, before you know it, I'll be knitting a gift at 5 a.m. on Christmas Day. ::groan:: I don't think I'd live through it. The older I gits, the behinder I gits...in everything!

No comments: