Saturday, January 24, 2009

So...when do I get to spin, eh?

Argh - it's been over a week since I've sat down to spin ANYTHING. It's killing me! However, I have been knitting in my "spare" time ::snort:: and at least I have two things to show for it. Once again (this should be a given by now), I have to apologize for the poor quality of photos. They're all either over-exposed, under-exposed or out of focus! First, I made a Slotted Neck Scarf for my mom from some Rowan Felted Tweed, #146 Herb. It took just a bit over 1 skein (191 yds), so I'm guessing somewhere between 200-250 yards? No, I am *not* going to rip it back and measure it for you. I kept messing up on that thing nearly every step of the way and I'm not about to re-do it! Anyway, it blocked beautifully - hurray! I don't know why, but I had this awful fear that it was going to s-t-r-e-t-c-h uncontrollably once I got it wet. I don't know why! I just did!

4 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

It is green, it is beautiful!

Dori Ann said...

Very nice job and very pretty! I really like the color. I've really got to try a pattern in that stitch.

Fairy Spun Fibers said...

Yes, DO try it, Dori Ann! It's really fun to do Garterlac (I like its' looks far better than Entrelac). The only not-fun thing about Garterlac is that it's harder to knit backwards than to purl. Eh, well - it's not like I'm making a scarf the length of a Dr. Who scarf, right?

Fairy Spun Fibers said...

LOL - you like green, Delighted? It's my favorite color - and my mom's, as well!