Thursday, February 5, 2009

Well. I dunno. More work needed...

in my not-in-the-least humble opinion. It's "okay", BUT... I'm not satisfied. It's only 19 yards and it seemed to take forever to get it spun - and to stay together. One thing's for sure: Romney locks don't "stick" as well as mohair, not even to a mohair core (that's the white "string" you see on either end of the "skein". Is it even long enough to be called a skein? Probably not.). The photos came courtesy of Shelly at Twist (my dd took the photos with Shell's great camera) because - once again - I forgot to take pics.

Well - back to the carder and wheel! For what it's worth, here's the 'knewest' Knarly Knots attempt.

4 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

You are on to something good here-just keep at it. The colors and sheen are to die for-

Fairy Spun Fibers said...

Thank you! I do love the Autumn colors!

Dori Ann said...

You are getting the hang of it! Relax,let it flow, hold it loose. What are you going to make, or is it a wall hanging? I have wall hangings all over, someday I'll have to knit with some of them :))
You go girl!

Dori Ann said...

Okay Connie, I'll understand if you are busy, but you need to pop in on the list just so we know you are okay :) We miss you!