Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dancing for mad, mad joy!

YYYYYEEEESSSSS!!! I am having a hard time not whirling like a dervish, I'm so excited and happy! My poor stomach is doing flip-flops. I got to place my order for my very own, highly-coveted, long-dreamt-about Howard Brush drum carder!!! I am so excited, I can hardly stand it! It won't be shipped out 'til tomorrow, they say, because they are sooo busy. :::groan!::: I guess they can hardly keep their carders in stock; they're just flying off the shelves. The prices are incredibly reasonable (for carders), and the carders are very heavy-duty. They have two models; the Lindsey and the David. The David is a triple-drum carder, and I chose the fine cloth as that is about the only type of fiber I use: fine!

Hopefully, the cloth will even be fine enough for cotton, should I ever get a wild hair and decide I want to spin that, too. I really love the colors of the organic colored cottons that are now out. They're nearly irresistable! I could card that up with chopped tussah (very, very short strands) silk, or cashmere, or silk noils, or angora, or, or...anything! *sigh*

I hope I don't die of impatience before it gets here! I've got sooo many fibers that need to be worked into batts, it's not even funny. I'll bet I could spend the next full month carding and not be done!

No comments: