Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My 'Baby' from Babe's Fiber Garden

Just thought I'd bring out my 'brag book' photos so you could all admire :-) Go here to see the tons of stuff Babe's Fiber Garden has.

I don't understand why more of my spinning buddies haven't gotten themselves one of these wheels. These 'Babes' are total work-horses! Nils Wiberg (the manufacturer) wasn't kidding when he called them 'Production Wheels'. They work extremely well, are VERY easy to use and maintain, and very affordable. For those on a tight budget, what a Godsend! I only paid $204 - including shipping - for this model. Granted, it isn't gorgeous, but that's fine by me. I'd rather pay 200 dollars for a good wheel, and use the rest of what I'd have spent on a wooden one, on a big pile of fiber! It's also highly portable, being light-weight. Yet the base is nice and wide, thus eliminating the 'walk' or 'creep' that so many other Castle-style wheels have. My Babe doesn't try to walk away from me as I'm treadling.

Me and my Babe have treadled thousands of miles since we first met last November - and we're both still going strong with nary a problem.

Did I mention how much I love my Babe...?

No comments: